Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stalwarts



Flower clips: all H&M
Top: Target
Belt: Target
Skirt: JCPenney
Heels: Nine West



30 for 30 is generally about taking some risks, picking things you don't necessarily wear a lot, finding new ways to wear old things. But at the same time we all need some workhorses, some stable items that we never hate and always trust to get us through long days and longer nights.



All three of these items are that. I love this shirt. I adore this skirt. I want to be buried in these shoes because they are so comfortable that I can wear them for all eternity. A young woman and her mother stopped me at lunch today to ask what brand they were and where I got them because they are just adorable. (Which they are!)



But, even with my reliable wardrobe at hand, I needed a little more. Some accessories, which I stressed last time are so important during 30 for 30. So I pulled out a belt. In white, because why not? And while I'm at it, let me toss half a bouquet in my hair so I really shine on. My coworkers said I was "prairie chic" and I'm not sure what that means but I assume it's good and even if it isn't, I have flowers in my hair so who cares? Look at me! Flowers!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I wear flowers like this an awful lot! I have so many of these small ones, plus 2 big ones, they make for almost a whole hat together. :D

    You're brave doing the 30x30!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I have been lurking around your blog lately and love your background for your pictures. You find the coolest places. Also, I admire your style. Have a great day and good luck with your 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower clips! They are just lovely!

    Don't you just love it when complete strangers ask where you got something? That always makes me feel like I have something together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline: yes! I love flower clips and I've always wanted to get some but they're surprisingly hard to find. I want a really big one! & thank you :) 30x30 isn't so bad once you get into the swing of things!

    Cynthia: You're very welcome! I try to find good places--this one I've driven by so many times and never taken advantage of it, but I finally bit the bullet. & thank you very much! I'm trying my hardest to keep my style rockin' :)

    Elle, thank you! I'm always so happy when people compliment me, but I'm never really sure what to say aside from thank you. It feels good, though.

    ReplyDelete