Tuesday, June 14, 2011

She was a rebel



Cardigan: Target
Top: JCPenney, worn backwards
Shorts: Target
Wedges: Target
Bangle: Walmart



I honestly think this outfit looks 10 times better with my hair down (most outfits do) but my hair was still wet from swimming/showering this afternoon. So just pretend my hair's down like it was yesterday, okay? Thanks!



When I'm at work I always ask my coworkers what they're reading because I learn about books that I may not have heard of otherwise. So tell me what you're reading!

Lace | Everybody, Everywear

And in exchange, what I'm reading now: Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return, by Marjane Satrapi. I co-run the book discussion group at work and I picked Persepolis for this month's discussion, so I wanted to reread the sequel in case anyone asks questions about it. I'm increasingly nervous that everyone will hate it because it's a graphic novel & nonfiction, or even worse, no one will show up at all. Have any of you read Persepolis? What did you think of it? (I recommend it, by the way.) Have you ever read any graphic novels?

6 comments:

  1. I love that top! I had no idea it was backwards - the butterflies are awesome!
    I have had so little time to read!!! I'm still reading "Summer at Tiffany" by Marjorie Hart. It's really good and I never read this slowly.

    I have read several graphic novels. Have never read Persepolis. I think the last one I read was "1602" by Neil Gaiman which is actually like a comic book thing. Good for you - for having people open their minds to a different type of literature in the graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love your color palette! The blue/green/red is just lovely. And I've read Persepolis, and ... it was fine, for me. I'm more of a Comic book kinda gal, but I do read a lot of graphic novels, but I lean more towards sci-fi and fantasty stuff.
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the backward top. Nice!
    Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Elle! Sometimes tops just work better backwards instead of frontwards. I've been meaning to read 1602! I see it at work and I always mean to get it but books keep stacking up. I'll have to try and read it this summer.

    Laura--thank you! Nothing like the primary colours of light :) I tend to lean more toward the semi-autobiographical graphic novels. We'll see what everyone at book discussion thinks!

    Linda: thanks! And thank you for running EBEW, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the backwards top, so genius and adorable, great outfit!

    I've never read any graphic novels, but not because I don't want to. That book sounds interesting. I'm going to look into it.

    I'm currently reading Sons and Lovers, but I took a break because I've had a billion family events and activities lately (blah). And I'm about to start The Help for my book club...and our meeting is on this coming Monday so I have to finish it this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linz thank you! I always think everyone KNOWS I'm wearing my shirt backwards and they all think I'm nuts :D I totally recommend Persepolis--beyond being a graphic novel, it's just a really well written memoir. From what I've heard of The Help, you'll have a harder time putting it down than you will finishing it!

    ReplyDelete