Thursday, May 8, 2014

What to wear to a Vampire Weekend concert



Vampire Weekend, with Jacuzzi Boys
May 5th @ 8:00pm
Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA
(Listen to this while reading this post)

What C. wore:



What I wore:



Ohhhhh boy.

I have waited years--YEARS--for Vampire Weekend to finally come within very long shooting distance of Cardiganland. I have been crushed year after year, because I love this band, I love their music and they are Grammy winners now so I feel like this might be one of the most legit concerts I've ever been to. It was worth the very long (we're talking 7 years here) wait to finally see VW live; it was one of the best performances at one of the best venues with one of the best people I know, and the way everything merged together was almost too good to be true. Fortunately, there was typical rush hour traffic in Atlanta and we walked in the wrong direction three times on our way to dinner, so it was definitely reality. The group in front of us who felt the need to chit chat through part of the concert was also obnoxious, but it didn't ruin the fact that I was in the same room as Vampire Weekend oh em effing gee. The band performed (using my admittedly not brilliant memory) about 15 songs, in addition to a three song encore. The

I feel really lucky that I got to see Vampire Weekend. And I'll be really lucky on my birthday this year, because they're the headlining act for day 3 of the Governors Ball, which I will be experiencing live. I'm so, so excited.

Regular blogging will resume on Monday, after a giant work program that has been absorbing my life takes place. Thank you for sticking around while I deal with a seven month long project!

No comments:

Post a Comment