Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fascinated



Headband: H&M
Necklace: antiqued
Top: Target
Skirt: JCPenney
Wedges: Shoe Carnival



Um, first of all, sorry for the inconsistent exposure on these pictures but it is hot as h-e-double hockey sticks and I did not want to take my pictures in the sun. I guess I need to do like Monkeyface and take my pictures in the AM when it's 80, not 90?

Anyway--I went to my very first H&M while I was in New York (with my boss no less), and it was an absolute riot. That place is ridiculous with its loud music and fast fashion and tiny sizes and chances are good I'd never fit into any clothing they offered. HOWEVER. There was a corner dedicated specifically to accessories--the great equalizer among women!--and we rapidly began to drift toward it, and it was all downhill from there. $50 later and I was walking out of there with a boatload of headbands, six hair clips and a scarf.



My boss is a major enabler who talked me into buying this ridiculous headband which I really thought I'd never wear, but was $6 or something silly like that so why not. And then I wore it today and a style bomb went off--people young and old/male and female were coming up to me all over the place making both comments and compliments and staring at my head like Athena just sprouted out.

What do you guys think? I really like it and plan to wear it again but I know fascinators aren't for everyone. Is this thing a dud? Should I be moving on?

7 comments:

  1. Ha! There it is. I love it, though I think maybe slightly more down the side of your head?

    Do you have a tattoo on your ankle?

    You need to visit my "local" H&M. All the sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop there it is. I can't move the flower :( It's stuck on a headband. My only other option is to cut it off the headband but I'm not sure if I want to do that.

    The "tattoo" is actually the result of my being bored while covering another desk so I drew on myself. Womp womp.

    I want to hit your local H&M! All there was at New York was XS/S/M. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahaha that Athena comment was the best thing I read on the internets today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeeeeey thanks Brooke! I'll be here all week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we don't wear enough fascinators in this country. We would have a lot more whimsy in our lives if we did! I like it - I really do. It is fantastic.

    I too was wondering if that was a tattoo you were sporting there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. H&M is where it's at! This state has 4 now. If I can't find it at one, I know it's at another!

    BTW, way to rock the headband. I <3 headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Elle I so agree. America needs more whimsy and I really still don't understand the fuss about Princess Bea's hat--if we wore more fascinators people would love it. If I ever got a tattoo it would be on my ankle!

    Meghan: H&M is really wild, and I wish we had one closer to here! I'm not a major supporter of fast fashion but I did love all the accessories. & thank you! I think concensus says the headband stays :)

    ReplyDelete