Thursday, April 10, 2014

What to wear to a Miley Cyrus concert



CANCELLED: Bangerz Tour
Miley Cyrus with Icona Pop
April 7 @ 7pm
Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC

S. wore:



I wore:



I guess that when one goes to a lot of concerts, one should expect that a concert or two will be cancelled at some point. But one does not expect the biggest tour of the year to get cancelled, and certainly not the one night of the tour that one purchased tickets for over three months ago.

But this is what one gets for wishful thinking.

S. and I had just hopped onto the beltway around uptown Charlotte (277, for those of you wondering), when S. scrolled through her phone and said "oh shit, this better not be true". And just what we didn't want to be true was true: Miley cancelled, and Miley is not rescheduling.

I get a lot of crap for being a Justin Bieber fan (though I've kind of moved on to One Direction), and a lot of crap for being a Kesha fan, and a whole great lot of crap for being a Miley fan. For me, life's too short to lie about what you like, so fuck the rest and enjoy what you will. This is why I have such bizarre tastes, probably: because I refuse to confine myself to any one thing. But it's good, because I go to concerts with basically ALL my friends. I take different people to different shows depending on what they like, and it all works out. (Though S. seems to appear most often, because she's always down for Kesha.)

When we found out that impossible had happened, we trolled the streets of uptown Charlotte, where hundreds of heavily eyelined youth in crop tops and black leggings wandered aimlessly outside the arena. The crushing blow of defeat, to say the least. We went to the mall and bought lipstick at Sephora and ate cheesecake outside the mall. It would have been a good night, had it not been filled with things that we did only because Miley Cyrus stood us up.

So anyway, here's a photo of a lionfish from the zoo in Columbia, SC. I was there on Saturday.
At least the lionfish didn't cancel on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment