Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sew what?



Hat: thrifted/Nine West
Cardigan: Target
Tank: Target
Skirt: Boden
Wedges: Target
Nails: Sephora by OPI Once a Cheetah Always a Cheetah (what the)
Cat: Abigail



I finally FINALLY got this skirt darted at the waist. Also, because I sew in spurts, I took the waist in on another dress and started making a skirt. No, for real. I don't know why but it probably had something to do with the 95 degree weather.



I've never been a big hat person. They usually look pretty stupid on me and I have such a big head (plus big hair) that they almost never fit. But my mom and I went into a local antiques shop and I was looking for a big floppy hat to wear to the beach/at the pool and BAM big floppy hat for $6. And it fits. I might put a ribbon around it because I don't really love the beading or whatever, but I'll get that done about when I finish that skirt (read: never). On the bright side I'll probably be spending a lot of time inside because it's So Effing Hot, and this is how I feel about that:



Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

5 comments:

  1. That skirt is lovely! The print is just super adorable :) And Yeah, I don't like humidity and heat either, so I get lazy sometimes when I dress up. But you look perfectly cute! The hat would look really pretty with a bow or a flower!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with hats, my head is huge, plus there's my hair... But I'm constantly on the lookout for them since I read The Three Musketeers when I was about 12 and spent the next few years researching the 17th century. :D

    I was so happy to find that big hat I'm wearing in yesterday's post. Floppy hats are the best! Enjoy yours, it looks great! Especially with your cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Laura! I really think I need to add a fat yellow bow on the hat or something to make it perfect.

    Madeline thank you! Abby and my hat really do match well. My only complaint is that it's black and as such it gets a little hot on top but it's still way better than my entire head being hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last picture!!
    I too am a huge fan of hats - just not really on me. I think they look silly actually on me.

    Great job with sewing the skirt! I'm terrible about that - I always take sewing projects to my mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elle! I'm not gonna lie, my pleats aren't perfect, but the skirt fits a lot better now so I can't complain. I usually look really stupid in hats and 90% of the time they don't fit my head (the only hat I usually wear is my riding helmet!), but I've found that floppy hats usually fit okay because they're worn further down on the head. Lucky for me!

    ReplyDelete