Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seeing things



Blue scarf: Gap
White scarf: Target
Top: JCPenney
Skirt: JCPenney
Wedges: Target



I'm sure you all know I'm a fan of pattern mixing. So is it wise to assume that I'm going to do a bit too much sometimes? Yup. I'm not sure if this is considered too much but I think it all sort of works. Floral, birds, dots. If you lie in a field of flowers and look up at the birds, sometimes you end up seeing dots. See? My entire outfit tells a story.



Meanwhile, I was blessed tonight to fully stumble upon Clueless on Oxygen. This is no small favour since I need a monthly hit of Rollin wit da Homies and driving a Jeep with no roof. Cher's also a superior stylist (where was she when I was establishing my wardrobe?) with a heart, which I love. And Paul Rudd? Come on. Ain't no thang like a Paul Rudd wing. No I do not know what that means and I don't really care but I can definitely say that beyond all my stargazing, my outfit is a full-on Monet--from far away it looks okay, but up close it's a big old mess.

5 comments:

  1. I really really like this!! I don't think it's too much at all! Very chic, I do declare. I love the skirt against the solid blue, and the layered scarves are fun.

    I also love Clueless! And ADORE Paul Rudd (boys have always been shocked to hear this. but yes, Paul Rudd and Mark Ruffalo are probably my top two actor-crushes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's definitely not too much pattern mixing. :)
    And Clueless!!! One of my favorites. I was always so jealous of Cher's rotating closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella thank you! Maybe I should throw in some patterned tights now so I can really kill it. Too much? Yeah, it is. & Paul Rudd? He's on my list. With George Clooney. My tastes are strange.

    Erin: thank you! I'm glad to have reaffirmation on the pattern mixing. I'm jealous of a lot of Cher's awesome life (columns in her house? Come on) but I would have so much for a rotating closet. Maybe if I empty out the storage room next to my closet and knock in the wall and put in a rotating floorboard...

    Uh oh, look what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love Clueless! Did you know that Clueless was intended as a modern version of Jane Austen's Emma?
    I totally dig your pattern mixing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle I did! I've always had Emma on my list and have never gotten around to reading it, though I did give coworker T. a copy of it after she tried to fix me up with every male in sight :D and thank you! I'm happy I took a chance on the scarves.

    ReplyDelete