Monday, April 18, 2011

Scouting



Top: TJMaxx
Dress: Target
Tights: Target
Wedges: Target



I STILL cannot wear heels! My toe is healing much more slowly than I thought, and that kind of sucks. I really wanted to wear my tan Target wedges with this outfit but the vamp crosses right over the bruise. Oh well



I don't know what's normal for you, but on the average morning, I pry myself out of bed at 8:23am, wash my face, put on my outfit and I'm out the door by 8:45 (I shower at night so I can stay in bed as long as possible). This morning I was lucky enough to wake up at 6:47am because I had to haul our kitten to the humane society for her snip snip operation. After that I spent a good half hour driving around downtown, looking for a new, unique photo location. I wasn't very lucky, and I pulled into a parking lot to turn around and BAM WILL YOU LOOK AT THIS MURAL?! Luck and a half, right? It's on the back of an abandoned building adjacent to a walking trail, so the mural must have been added post-trail for some colour. Amazing.



I have to admit that this blog has helped me feel a lot more comfortable where I live. I moved to Cardiganland five and a half years ago and spent three of those years in college in Virginia, and I still get lost and make wrong turns sometimes. Sniffing out locations in my area and finding some of the amazing hidden artwork (I actually found two other possible locations while heading back from this one) has made me feel more at home in a place where I sometimes have a very hard time living.

See y'all tomorrow.



PS. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great backdrop - those colors are awesome! Great dress too - by the way. I really like the 3rd picture down.
    Poor kitty. Necessary, I know, but they always look so pitiful. I just got my dog spayed about a month ago. Took her a week to trust going places with us again - not that I blame her. :) She recovered super quick. I hope your kitty does too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flattering dress!

    sorry about the toe--i broke my toe once--hurt way too much and took way too long to heal! sending sympathy your way:( here's to kitty healing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elle! I think kitten has completely recovered and is now just angry that she can't go outside. She has spent a lot of time growling today.

    K: si senorita!

    Aleisha thank you! I have broken both my pinky toes and it is killer, especially since there really isn't anything you can do but grin and bear it. I think my toe is almost completely healed though, which makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete