Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Gnawing on branches
It was 9 million degrees outside and my mom and I planted tomato and cucumber plants in the heat and bugs and I was sweaty and dirty and I'm pretty sure I swallowed some tomato plant food at one point today. I don't know if that's safe but Mater Magic claims to be all organic so I'm probably not going to die.
Do you remember when you were a little kid and ate stuff you weren't supposed to? I chewed on staples. Way weird and probably dangerous--I swallowed one in kindergarten once and freaked out for DAYS that the staple was going to cut a hole in my heart. Obviously I had not yet learned how the digestive system worked. One time I also swallowed a thumbtack and THAT scared me a lot more than the staple, and my wise-beyond-her-years-five-year-old self swore of chewing on anything metallic.
Funny, though, I never picked up on chewing gum.