Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gnawing on branches



Necklace: Anthro
Top: JCPenney
Pants: JCPenney
Flats: Target



It was 9 million degrees outside and my mom and I planted tomato and cucumber plants in the heat and bugs and I was sweaty and dirty and I'm pretty sure I swallowed some tomato plant food at one point today. I don't know if that's safe but Mater Magic claims to be all organic so I'm probably not going to die.



Do you remember when you were a little kid and ate stuff you weren't supposed to? I chewed on staples. Way weird and probably dangerous--I swallowed one in kindergarten once and freaked out for DAYS that the staple was going to cut a hole in my heart. Obviously I had not yet learned how the digestive system worked. One time I also swallowed a thumbtack and THAT scared me a lot more than the staple, and my wise-beyond-her-years-five-year-old self swore of chewing on anything metallic.

Funny, though, I never picked up on chewing gum.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics - it looks like you are underground in an underwater tunnel.
    I remember eating Play-doh - well it kind of smelled like something you could eat and it was all brightly colored...why do they make Play-doh so appetizing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elle! I was actually in a parking garage. Fortunately there was no damp algae involved. & I totally feel you on the Play-doh, what's up with them always making stuff like pizza and cookies with it in commercials and making it inedible? Come on! Little kids don't understand trompe l'oeil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you're being all playful in a parking garage. (: It's actually a pretty sweet idea.

    When I was younger, my friend and I got into all kinds of mischief. We ate "chocolate" dog treats, tried to bake bread with a magnifying glass, drank bubble solution... you name it, we probably did it.

    ReplyDelete