Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In love



Necklace: wapa on Etsy
Dress worn as top: JCPenney
Skirt: Walmart
Tights: Target
Wedges: Target
Nail polish: Sephora by OPI Charge It



Spring in the South wouldn't be complete without a Bradford pear tree or two, right?

More important: I freaking LOVE my new tripod. It is the most beautiful and brilliant object and I'm pretty sure this was destiny. A new day has come in Cardiganland and I have my new tripod to thank. "If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?" Fine I will!



Today was Everybody Everywear's polka dot challenge, And for that I dug deep into my closet and pulled out a polka dot dress that I got for Christmas in 2009. I don't wear it a lot because I think it makes me look blockish, but I don't really have much else polka dotted (a couple cardigans and a sash or two) so it was this or go naked.

I pinned the skirt of the dress under itself so it's currently in miniskirtdress form (it looks sort of cute actually!) and I put another skirt over it. I really wanted to wear something adorable and then I realised most of my skirts are kind of blah or patterned so I went for broke. Works, right? Guys? RIGHT?!

Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear


Tomorrow, y'all. Another day, another outfit.

11 comments:

  1. What creativity! It's a great mix of patterns.

    Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that you and your tripod found each other :) Love stories are the best.

    Also that polka dot top and floral skirt were clearly meant for each other, too. INSPIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you've mixed these prints! They work so well together! Also, it must be so much better to have a new tri-pod. I have one somewhere that I can't find and end up having to take my OOTD photos with my camera on top of stacked books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty pattern mix! It's practically perfect! The spring-y skirt is just wonderful and light. I spotted it on EBEW and just had to pop by to tell you so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all so sweet!

    Linda, thank you SO much for starting up EBEW. It is such an innovative idea and it's amazing to see how it's grown just in the last four months!

    Monks--THANK YOU. We are so in love that I hear Boyz II Men every time I take my tripod out of its bag.

    Brooke thank you! I highly recommend hunting down your tripod because just in the last two days it has made blogging so much easier. I did the stacked book thing for a while and it was hard.

    Vanessa, thank you so so much! I'm glad you like it. I was a little nervous about the print combo but it ended up being even better than I hoped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that skirt! I have a great giveaway going on! 2necklaces and a foulard! Please, come follow me... http://desperate4fashion.blogspot.com
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Respect Jess for participating on EBEW! I'm sure you'll do just great. Love thta u made a dress work as a top, mix it patterns. Creativity = Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! Mode Plus you're too sweet, you're making me blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pattern mixing. The skirt is really pretty.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete