Friday, May 13, 2011

a bit of this, a bit of that



Top: Target
Dress: Target
Scarf as belt: TJMaxx?
Flats: Target



Superquick post because I'm about to hit the road for some curling!

Look at me pattern mixing. I'm ridiculous. I always have to put a top under this dress because it's SO low cut and I thought "what goes better than flowers and stripes?" and I responded "just about everything" but I did it anyway because when you talk to yourself, you do whatever you want.



By the way, this is my outfit from Thursday. I was off today, lucky me! So this whole Blogger being down thing actually worked to my advantage, so I still have something to post today.

I had an amazing lesson this morning with my horse, Indy. Today was his very first time jumping! He was really wonderful and he took a great big leap over a tiny one foot jump and he was so darn proud of himself that he did a little bucking afterward. But the fact that he was so willing to launch over it was plenty enough for him to receive two carrots AND an apple for his efforts. Especially since I haven't jumped in three years and our trainer had never even seen me jump. We did it, y'all! My mom took video so maybe I'll Youtube it (but let's be honest, that's a lot of work). Olympics, here we come.

Sike!

2 comments:

  1. I think the flowers and stripes are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's hard to tell what's too much and what isn't but I think I struck the right balance here.

    ReplyDelete