Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ballerina, spin me round



Top: Old Navy
Skirt: JCPenney
Flats: Banana Republic



As a child, I wasn't keen on dance of any sort. Or anything involving moving, really, but that's not the point of this post. My best friend when I was tiny was big on ballet, and her mother took her to lessons weekly. The bug never bit me, thankfully, and to this day I only dance if I am drunk or cajoled by college friends at weddings.



But I'm an art lover, and I find inspiration in all forms of art. One of my favourite parts of visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art was coming across a room dedicated to Edgar Degas' sculptures of horses (because I'm a horse fan) and ballet dancers (because while I don't dance, ballet is an incredible art in itself). One of Degas' great sculptures is The Little Dancer Age Fourteen, which I have had the luck to see multiple times in DC, and that, combined with his studies of ballet dancers and my purchase of this decidedly ballerina-y top, gave me inspiration. Do you see it? Perhaps? Maybe it's just me, but either way, I'm dressed and that's considered success in this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment