Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quindecim



Necklace: Old Navy
Top: Target
Belt: Target
Skirt: JCPenney
Tights: We Love Colors
Boots: Target
Nail polish: China Glaze For Audrey



Coworker K. was kind enough to snap these photos for me in the three minutes I had between arriving at work and working. Thanks K.!

I was inspired by E.'s recent tights post on Academichic, so I hopped on board with my own version of gray dress/yellow tights/brown boots. I like it! And the weather was perfectly suited to a short sleeve top, so no complaints here.

I do find myself wishing this skirt were a tad shorter, maybe just above the knee. But with the foxtail in the back it's impossible to hem, so I deal with it. I'm just going to need to get my bones stretched.



By the way, guess who has two thumbs and is now sort of an aunt? THIS GAL. My coworker/bff recently welcomed her first grandchild (her daughter and I are similarly aged) into the world, so Cardiganland just got a little bit bigger. Baby L. is going to be raised by a ton of headstrong and hilarious women and as such he is going to be spoiled rotten. I can't wait. Sidenote: baby L. is two days old and already I am using him as a prop in my clothing blog. Personal gains? Maybe!



My coworkers/friends have spent ages (read: whenever babies come up in conversation) trying to talk me into believing that children are amazing and I should have one of my own, but really, meeting baby L. and handling him for the first time made me realize that I'm making the right decision. I truly believe I'm meant to be part of the support system, not as a mother but in a peripheral, cool/supportive, available for babysitting and trips to the park/zoo/game/museum sort of way. I'm happy with that. I just wish other people were too.

Sorry, that was way deep. Point being baby L. is adorable and I can't wait to dress him in every cute baby outfit I find at Target. I may need an intervention

See you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright yellow tights. Awesome. Yesterday I wore magenta. It felt so appropriate with this weather. Been awesome this week. We've had blue skies. How bout you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the weather cooperates with my outfits, don't you? It's been beautiful here! There's been a bit of a breeze that keeps it from being blissfully warm, but it's still way better than 40 degrees and cloudy. I drove to work with the windows down yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tights, woohoo! Don't you love WLC, I could seriously buy all their color chart. Oh my, when I see you, I realize how bad I'm doing on this challenge. I'm sooo behind! I like your skirt (figure hugging) and belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes yes yes! When I ordered last month I had a terrible time choosing which colours I wanted. I ended up putting like 10 colours in my cart and then weeding it down from there! I might need a monthly tights stipend now. & no way, I think you're doing great! It's all about time, and sometimes we just don't have enough.

    ReplyDelete