Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Steak me home tonight



Cardigan: Target, embroidered by me
Skirt: handmade
Tights: Target
Wedges: Shoe Carnival



So first let's talk about this cardigan, because I'm too proud of myself not to. A few weeks ago I saw this cardigan on Anthro's website, and I thought WHOAMAZING. (My brain always flows from word to word like that.) Then I saw the price tag--$118--and I thought NOFRIGGINWAY. Then I thoguht about it for a moment. Why not just make the thing myself? I had a navy blue cardigan I wasn't wearing a whole lot and a ton of embroidery thread in my sewing stash. So I hopped to and here we are! I used some interfacing as backing and it looks amazing. Two people have already asked me to make versions for them!



Beyond that--have you watched Happy Endings yet? Because I am dying for some Steaktanic right now. I'm also glad that this show exists because it reminds me of how much I have to look forward to in my early 30s. Like...uh, living with my best friend, owning a food truck and being terminally single.



Or maybe if I'm lucky I'll pretend to be Jewish and 27 so I can find a guy on JDate while my best friend's fiancee will dump me at the wedding and run off with a roller blading guy. No, really, you need to watch this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment