It's officially scarf season here in Cardiganland, and really in most of the northern hemisphere. I have more scarves than you can shake a stick at, so I thought it would be cool in conjunction with Rachel's Wear*It Wednesday to do a scarf wearing tutorial! There are soooo many ways to wear scarves and this tutorial is by no means inclusive, so if you have suggestions or ideas of your own, feel free to add them.
Just a warning, I make some really stupid/angry faces in this post. I wasn't angry though; this is just my face. No makeup, sometimes not even glasses, hair that looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and kind of blurry in spots. But hopefully you still get the point. I made up all the dumb names for these myself. Here we go!
The basic knot
1. Loop your scarf around your neck.
2. Tie a single knot below it.
The twisted knot
1. Fold your scarf in half.
2. Slip one end of the scarf through the loop.
3. Below that end, twist the loop 180 degrees and put the other end through the loop.
1. Take a square scarf and fold it in half diagonally.
2. Tie the diagonal ends together.
3. Add a necklace for good measure.
The square cape
1. Take a square scarf and tie adjacent corners together.
2. See where my arm is? That's where my neck goes.
3. Wear it at the front or over one shoulder if you dig the windswept look.
1. Tie two scarves together.
2. Wrap, wrap, wrap.
3. Tie the other ends together.
The checkmate (my favourite)
1. Take two scarves and fold them in half.
2. Drape both over the neck in the same orientation.
3. Take the end of one scarf and slip it through the loop of the other.
4. Take the end of the other scarf and slip it through the other loop.
1. Wear your circle scarf like an idiot.
1. Start with a circle scarf.
2. Add an additional scarf underneath.
3. Loop the scarf partway up over the circle scarf.
4. Pull the ends through the loop.
The big ass bow (this one's ridiculous)
1. Tie a single knot under your neck.
2. Fold a circle scarf in half and insert it below the knot.
3. Tie another single knot underneath the bow.
Of course, the final step for any of these is to check in the mirror and fluff/adjust as necessary. Especially with the double I like to preen the scarves to perfection. Because you know, you aren't really a hipster unless you have a perfectly sculpted scarf to complete your ensemble.
What do you think? Will you try any of these? Isn't that bow bananas? I'll probably never wear it in real life but I thought it looked comical.