Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green sweater party



Necklace: gift from parents
Sweater: JCPenney
Scarf as belt: gift from parents
Skirt: JCPenney
Booties: Old Navy
Nails: butter London Bluey, All Hail the Queen, Victoriana, British Racing Green, & Wallis (I got bored again)



Since cutting my hair (did you notice it's seven inches shorter?) I've been trying various ways to make it look how I want, and I have found that the most successful way to do so is my pulling the bottom half of the hair on my head into a bun and covering it with the top half. I feel kind of dumb wearing a hidden bun in my hair but it looks good now! I just have so much hair that even when it's shortish it's really hard to control. But ha, I have the upper hand now. And even better, it looks awesome with my green sweater, so we're all set for today. I thought about doing EBEW but at the last minute I decided I hated my outfit (ever had that happen?) and yanked out my green sweater instead.



And it turns out my boss and I both wore green sweaters. Is it a sign? Probably not, but who cares? Green sweaters are awesome. In theory, one of my shopping "rules" for this year is not buying things in multiples unless it's really, truly necessary (riding pants, underwear, etc.). But this sweater, you guys. I got two for Christmas in gray and ivory, and then I saw that it came in a variety of actual colours, and I couldn't resist moss green and hot pink. And the green matches my hair really well, which is what I need after cutting it off and traumatizing the daylights out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment