Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wrapping it up



Cardigan: Target
Tank: Target
Jeans: Walmart
Boots: Target

The final countdown to Christmas is here! I'm still receiving packages--this one is for my coworker and my dad--and I'm nowhere near done my wrapping! Ack.

This is what I wore to work today. A systemwide email was sent out yesterday announcing that per the head of the system, we were allowed to wear jeans. Very exciting, since normally jeans are relegated to weekends & Fridays and require a work-approved t-shirt. I don't mind, though it's nice to have a break from pants and skirts once in a while! Especially on a long work day like today.



Coworker S. mentioned that she would never think to put a yellow tank underneath a black cardigan. I considered green this morning, but decided against it because it didn't seem to have the same pop. I also really liked how the mustard had the same warmth that my boots do, while my jeans & sweater have the same dark coolness about them. The yellow balances everything out and adds a shock of colour without going overboard or detracting from the sweater.

Because see the shiny stuff on my boobs? That's a sequin bow!



You can sort of see it here. It's not the clearest picture (though it sure is hip!), but it gets the point across. S. and I have similar styles, so it surprises me that she didn't pinch one of these cardigans herself at Target! I'm also surprised that I went for this cardigan myself--I'm not really the bow type, but I couldn't resist. I also love how perfectly this cardigan fits with no gaps at the buttons.

My next post will be about what I wore to my department's holiday party--because most of us have to put up with them at some point, don't we? Fortunately I had a blast and the food was delicious.

Do you like embellishments?

No comments:

Post a Comment