Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Small goals: September



My e-pal Nicole at Writes Like a Girl does this thing called small goals every month, and I thought I'd join the fun--and it might give you some insight into why I haven't blogged very much in the last few months. So here we go!

Finish all stitchwork and beading on the Sleeping Princess. As I've mentioned before, I took up cross stitch post-surgery to stay active. I've been working on one project since finishing my fox in March, and I normally put in at least two hours of stitching a day. I'm planning to enter all of my completed, framed projects (there will be five) in the interstate fair, which means I have to have the princess framed and ready to display by 5pm on October 12th. I don't have a lot of stitching left but there's tons of beadwork to do, and I've never done that before! Eep!

Don't skip a day of training. I'm in week two of an eight week 5k training program, and my 5k is on October 17th! One of my best friends is doing it all with me, including the training program.

Finish Between the World and Me and read The Wonder of All Things. Reading goals? What? I have had a lot of struggles with reading since graduating from grad school, and virtually all I can read anymore--when I even do read--is books about race and class warfare in America. I used to read dysfunctional family dramas, and now I can't do it. So I'm attempting to finish Between the World and Me, which is short but tough, and then read The Wonder of All Things, which is for my book club at work.

Write and post at least one blog post per week, not including SIA. I need to commit more time to the blog, and this is one way to do it. I want to bump it up to two next month.

Paint the damn living room. Boyfriend A. and I are attempting to finish painting the living area so his future cat, Tippy, can move in with him. It needs to be dooooone already.

What are you working on this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment