Wednesday, February 27, 2013

You look nice









Necklace: JCPenney | Dress: JCPenney | Belt: Target | Tights: Target | Wedges: Target

For some reason, I received a lot of compliments on how "nice" I looked today. I'm not really sure I know what that means. I know it's a compliment only and that people simply want to commend me on my style, but then I wonder to myself--do I not look nice on other days? What, exactly, makes this outfit nicer than others I've worn in recent history? Is it because this dress is flattering, is it because everything is in the same colour family, is it because my hair is a little taller than usual? What is it about nice that makes me overanalyze everything, while the more loaded I like that dress doesn't bother me at all? Is it because it's about the total package, instead of one piece, that makes me second guess? Because instead of being about what I wear, it's about how I look as a whole. Maybe that's where the struggle comes from.

Or maybe it's because there are far better words to use. Call me dashing and I'll eat out of your palm all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment