Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pressed into action





Top: J.Crew | Shorts: Gap Outlet | Sandals: Ross

Last night, after writing this post, I realised that I was reaching a breaking point. Obviously. (And thank you for all your comments. I'll be responding to each one soon.) I texted my friend A., hoping that we would be able to work something out for August, since I'm going up to Virginia for a wedding that month, but she is going to a conference in Chicago (lucky!) so things wouldn't work. On the verge of tears I sent a long, rambling email to my friend E. and texted her asking her to read it. Pretty sure I scared her and made her think something really bad had happened. In the email I basically begged her to go to New Jersey with me (she's going to the wedding too, so we'd be in the same vicinity) because if worse came to worse, I would go alone but I would love to have a friend. And as soon as she read the email, she accepted, and I about cried my face off. I guess that's what it feels like when a man asks a woman to marry him and she says yes. We have a lot to figure out, but I'm going back. And I feel far more content than I did 36 hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment