Monday, April 27, 2015

SIA: PSA



The Scream, by Edvard Munch
1893, oil, tempera, crayon & pastel on cardboard

It doesn't get much more famous than this. And that's part of why it took me a while to decide on an SIA pick for this week--is it okay for us to do something SO iconic? And then I thought the hell with it, I'm one of the founders of SIA and I do what I want!

And after all, for what it's worth, I've seen The Scream in person and it's a really impressive piece. People question Andrew Wyeth, but they don't often question Edvard Munch. Also--have you ever drawn or coloured or sketched on cardboard? It's not a very popular base, and I don't know why, because it's very receptive to different media.

Send me your submissions to be included in this week's SIA by Monday, May 4th! Enjoy this one--the colours, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment