Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Print power



Cardigan: Target
Top: American Eagle
Skirt: Boden
Tights: Target
Wedges: Shoe Carnival

I'm loving tights season, obviously. I'm also loving finding tights in more colours--I think this outfit is tied together by this particular hue of purple on my legs, and I love it.

Originally I was planning to wear a blue t-shirt with this skirt/tights but my mother vetoed that idea. Running low on ideas and time, I dug through my closet and stumbled upon this cardigan, which is nicely detailed at the shoulder but not overwhelming. Awesome that it matches the tights, too!



I love cardigans but I feel like there are times where I'm almost too reliant on them to pull an outfit together or cover something. It's definitely something I need to work on, though part of the problem is that a lot of my tops are not quite appropriate for work without a cardigan (eg. tight fitting, no sleeves). It's become a crutch in some way.

Is there any item you rely on to help you style your outfits?

2 comments:

  1. Totally loving this outfit. I think your mom had a good idea with nixing the blue shirt. It would have been overkill with the tights, but the way that you ended up styling it worked brilliantly with a little accent color on the cardigan to tie it all together.

    My item to rely on is black pants. I own about 10 pairs of black pants so my work outfit is usually black pants + cute top. It is very boring. I bought some skirts and dresses but then I have to make sure to shave my legs, which I am often too lazy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love about tights. It's a lot easier to hide when you don't shave your legs! I have a hard time fighting the draw to my black pants, which are so easy to fall back on. Black pants are like a cure all, but since I only have one pair it makes it a little harder for me to take the easiest way out!

    ReplyDelete