Thursday, November 18, 2010

Quite trim



Cardigan: ???
Skirt: Boden
Tights: Target
Wedges: Shoe Carnival
Necklace: gift from mom
Tractor in the back: Husqvarna

I have been stalling in terms of fashion, so good thing two skirts I recently ordered from Boden came in the mail!

Admittedly, when my mom saw this skirt and said "what will you wear it with?", I came up short. I love this lined, wool blend skirt because it has the colour and detail I love. The problem with colour and detail is that it can be very hard to combine with other pieces. I originally planned to wear a gray top and brown belt with this skirt, but the temperature forced me to incorporate tights and the gray top went out, replaced my this cardigan. Despite it being acrylic (oh synthetics), it is incredibly soft and very, very warm.

You can see from this picture how sizable my upper arms are. Women, for some reason, feel the need to ask themselves the question "if there's one body part you would change, what would it be?" and my answer has always, always been my arms. It is impossible to find a suit that fits in my arms and my torso; it doesn't help that I have a longer torso and shorter legs, but the circumference of my upper arms always compounds the issues. Winter coats are for layering, unless you're me, in which case you freeze anyway because you can only fit a tshirt into the sleeves with your arms. What I wouldn't give to real life photoshop my arms into something normal--I feel that even compared with the rest of my body, my arms are abnormally large. Most frustrating is that it is partly muscle--one of my hobbies, curling, involves a lot of upper body strength, and my triceps are quite strong.

But I'm not complaining! I just wish it was easier to tone and erase my arm size.

My shoes are ridiculously loud, especially on the linoleum floor of my work building, but I don't care. For something with a heel (even a 1 1/2" heel), they are wicked comfortable. I once wore them to the store and fell flat on my face when I misstepped in them, but I still wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment