Monday, February 24, 2014

Style Imitating Art: The Milkmaid



I looked in my mailbox today and I was SO JAZZED to see all the women who have submitted looks to this week's SIA! Oh my god, the joy. This week's inspiration was The Milkmaid by Johannes Vermeer and I think I speak for Salazar, Jen and myself when I say that Vermeer is a favourite around the SIA parts, so we were all equally pumped about this one! Here are all the outfits from this week.

First up is Erin from Loop Looks. I was stunned in the best way ever to see the details of her boots, so make sure you click through to her blog!



Lisa, who writes at The Somewhat Domestic Goddess, also has amazing shoes. I swear if everyone has amazing shoes I'm going to be bitter because I wore really boring shoes.



Kezzie over at KezzieAG looks adorable. I'm really glad that she was able to incorporate the mint on the sleeves of the milkmaid--that's one of my favourite details!



Jen, from Librarian for Life and Style, is...um, the best? Yes. I love the pose!



There's a new girl in town, y'all! Grace from Living with A-Holts (lololol oh man) is here and she has the coolest skirt. And necklace. And everything, basically.



Isabella's photo makes my heart happy. Amazing. She blogs at Adventures in Hel and you should definitely read it, even if only to see Animated Cardigan being referred to in Finnish as "Jessin blogista". I will remember that forever.



SIA co-creator Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey is always so charming, and this week is no exception.



Aaaaand then there's me. I really love this outfit, y'all. I wasn't expecting that at all but I think the scarf makes it happen.



Thank you all for being a part of this week's Style Imitating Art! Everyone looks so beautiful. Keep an eye peeled next Monday for Salazar's pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment