Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pals







Necklace: JCPenney | Top: Target | Skirt: Talbots | Heels: Urban Outfitters

Jehossee is 27 and I've had him for the last 7 of those, and known him for the last 15. It's insane to think that he was 12 when I met him, that I was 11, and now I'm 26 and he's still alive and really, for all intensive purposes, thriving. End of life care is not easy, ever, but it seems to be completely different for horses than for humans. It varies little from general equine care. More medicines and supplements for arthritis and laminitis and weight loss. Maybe a different feed with higher fat content that is easier to chew. Something with molasses. But for a Thoroughbred--for any horse, really--Jehossee has done really well. His quality of life and happiness level are both very high, and I'm so thankful. Because I'm a sucker for any guy with big brown eyes and a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment